The National Examinations Council (NECO), has released the June/July 2015 results, with 68.56 percent candidates passing with five credits and above, including Mathematics and English Language.
NECO Registrar/Chief Executive, Professor Abdulrashid Garba, who announced the release at Council’s head Office, Minna Thursday, said the results were an improvement of 12 percent compared to that of last year.
The Registrar said that the council was able to sustain its timely release of results in less than 60 days from the date the last paper was written. “The 2015 examinations result was released within 60 days after the final paper,” he said.
He remarked that where cases of malpractices were established, results of such schools or centres were either withheld or cancelled, adding that those apprehended will also be prosecuted accordingly.
“Lists of schools which were involved in examination malpractices have been blacklisted and the results of students who wrote in such centres have been cancelled,” he said.
He said that some of the ad hoc staff linked to any form of malpractice or for other negligence had also been disengaged from the services of the council.
The Registrar said results of such schools were being withheld and would be released if commitments were shown by the affected schools.
Garba called on candidates who sat for the examination to access their results on NECO web site www.mynecoexams.com.