Neymar Labels Real Madrid Links ‘Nonsense’

Paris Saint-Germain PSG star, Neymar, has labelled reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid as “nonsense”.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a shock switch to the Spanish top flight in the close-season despite being contracted with the Ligue 1 champions until 2022.

According to Guillem Balague of Sky Sports News, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is open to selling Gareth Bale and Ronaldo to raise funds to buy the Brazilian.

Both Bale and Ronaldo hinted they could be departing Santiago Bernabeu following the club’s Champions League triumph over Liverpool on Saturday.

But speaking to reporters on Sunday, the former Barcelona forward dismissed the rumours.

“The focus is now on the Brazilian team,” he said.

“They are saying nonsense. It’s not worth answering.” Neymar added.

After suffering a metatarsal injury against Marseille in February, Neymar has been recovering in Brazil and has started training fully with his teammates ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup.

A friendly against Croatia in Liverpool on Sunday had previously been seen as the perfect opportunity for the former Santos goal-scorer to make his return to the pitch, yet that could now be in doubt.

“I’m still not at 100 percent. This will come with time, although there is still an element of discomfort when I make certain moves.

“I’m still short of being able to return,” he said

Leave a comment