The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), on Sunday, dismissed claims which said that a bomb had exploded on Saturday night, in Karu, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory.
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, Abuja operations coordinator of NEMA, Mr Ishaya Chonoko said that the blast that was heard in the area came from a quarry company which carrying out its activity.
He however mentioned that the quarry company had embarked on its activity without the permission of the police, as if the police had been adequately informed, residents would have been fore-warned.
“I live in Karu, there was nothing like bomb blast in Karu; it was a quarry company that carried out that blast,” he said.
Similarly, the police command Abuja also debunked the news of the bomb explosion in the area.
The command’s spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), told NAN that personnel of the command had gone round the area and found nothing like bomb explosion.