The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Saturday staged a unification exercise in its ongoing National Convention by producing consensus candidates to pilot the affairs of the party for the next four years.
While two positions remained contested until it was resolved late night to the convention, all the 23 other positions were filled up through negotiations.
As the final two names were rectified, the party began the exercise with speeches heralding what many party leaders have called a new dawn.
They noted that this was the first time the PDP could hold its National Convention without rancour and the usual brickbats as well as inducing delegates to vote.
Yet, the party still settled down to vote.
As at the time of going to press, votes were still being counted.
Below are the consensus candidates at the party’s Convention:
- Iyorchia Ayu- national chairman
- Umar Iliya Damagum- deputy national chairman (North)
- Taofeek Arapaja- deputy national chairman (South)
- Samuel Anyanwu (national secretary)
- Ahmed Yayari Mohammed (national treasurer)
- Umar Bature (national organizing secretary)
- Daniel Woyegikuro (national financial secretary)
- Stella Effah-Attoe (national woman leader)
- Mohammed Kadade suleiman (national youth leader)
- Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade (national legal adviser)
- Debo Ologunagba (national publicity secretary)
- Okechukwu Obiechina Daniel (national auditor)
- Setonji Koshoede (deputy national secretary)
14 Ndubisi Eneh David (deputy national treasurer)
- Ibrahim Abdullahi (deputy national publicity secretary)
- Ighoyota Amori (deputy national organizing secretary)
- Adamu Kamale (deputy national financial secretary)
- Hajaja Yakubu Wanka (deputy national woman leader)
- Timothy Osadolor (deputy national youth leader)
- Okechukwu Osuoha (deputy national legal adviser)
- Jon Abdurahman Mohammed ( Deputy National Auditor)