Exclusive Stories and Top News In Nigeria And Around The World

$2.1bn Arms Deal: Why I Collected N2.1bn From Dasuki- Dokpesi

0 34

Founder of Daar Communications Plc (Ray Power and Africa Independent Television), Raymond Dokpesi, has explained that the reason why he received the sum of N2.1 billion from the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) was payment for media and political campaigns for the 2015 general election.

This revelation is coming in less than twenty-four hours after he was invited for questioning by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over an alleged involvement in the $2 billion arms procurement deal.

In a statement signed by the management of DAAR Communications, Dokpesi said that around 2.00p.m on Tuesday, the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Alhaji Ibrahim Magu, through a phone call, invited him to the Commission.

The statement said that Dokpesi who responded to the invitation of the EFCC in their headquarters, Abuja, was requested to, “shed more light on some payments that were made to him through the office of the erstwhile National Security Adviser to the former President, Malam Sambo Dasuki.”

In his response, Dokpesi explained to the EFCC officials that the N2.1 billion that he collected from the former NSA was “payment for publicity and media political campaigns during the 2015 general elections.

RELATED:  PDP Will Reclaim Presidency In 2019, Dokpesi Vows

“Chief Dokpesi made his statement on the various media exposures and campaign transactions which were dutifully carried out based essentially on contractual obligations/relationship,” the statement read.

Earlier on, a source at the commission revealed that Dokpesi was arrested after investigators established that he received some money from the office of Dasuki, “without any clear reason”.

“Chief Dokpesi received N2.1 Billion from the NSA’s office but investigators cannot see any clear reason for the payment,” he said.

According to The Sun, the source said investigators are “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.

RELATED:  APC Slams PDP Convention, Says Conduct Shows 'Corruption Rooted In Party's DNA'

“They believe the funds were budgeted for arms procurement but was diverted to Mr. Dokpesi.”

Meanwhile, Former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has requested the Federal Government to call Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole to order for insinuating her involvement in the alleged $2.1 billion arms issue.

This was contained in a statement issued by her media Adviser, Paul Nwabuikwu, who said Okonjo-Iweala has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.

Okonjo-Iweala described as “an abuse of public office, the judicial process and her human rights for Governor Oshiomhole whom she stopped from taking a highly suspicious N15 billion loan to make false allegations against her while hiding behind the constitutional immunity granted state governors.”

You might also like
Comments
Loading...