The Nigerian senate, on Thursday, confirmed the nomination of former Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi and 17 other ministerial nominees, as ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Amaechi’s confirmation threw up contentions, as senators elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who strongly opposed his confirmation, staged a walkout before his confirmation was made.
The APC senators who remained in the senate after PDP’s walk-out, however, approved Amaechi’s nomination, despite the recommendation of the Ethics and privilege committee’s that Amaechi should not be confirmed as Minister because of the corruption charges that he is yet to answer to at the appeal court.
Other ministers confirmed by the senate are:
1. Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia)
2. Anwuka Anthony (Imo)
3. Mohammed Musa Bello (Adamawa)
4. Adamu Adamu (Bauchi)
5. Aisha Abubakar (Sokoto)
6. Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim(Yobe)
7. Claudius Omoleye Daramola, (Ondo)
8. Geoffrey Onyeama,( Enugu)
9. retired Brigadier General Mohammed M. Dan-Ali (Zamfara)
10. Barrister James E. Ocholi (Kogi)
11. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed (Kaduna)
12. Mustapha Baba Shehuri (Borno)
13. Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa)
14. Professor Isaac Adewole Folorunsho (Osun)
15. Pastor Usani Usani Uguru (Cross River)
16. Abubakar Bwari Bawa(Niger)
17. Barrister Adebayo Shittu (Oyo)