Following President Muhammadu Buhari’s recent appointment of the Secretary General of the Federation (SGF) and other principal positions, Former Aviation minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has reacted to the appointments, claiming that the elections favoured only the Northern region.
Fani Kayode’s reaction is one of the many backlashes received by the president over his appointments. It was gathered that some of these reactions comes from members even within his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Reacting to the development, Fani-Kayode, who served as the Peoples Democratic Party’s spokesperson during the last presidential elections said he had predicted such actions but that Nigerians insulted and lampooned him.
He wrote on his Facebook page: “NIGERIANS WANTED ‘CHANGE’ AND NOW WE HAVE GOT IT. NO-ONE SHOULD COMPLAIN BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE WANTED. THOSE OF US THAT WARNED THE COUNTRY THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN WERE INSULTED AND LAMPOONED. NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR CHOICE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. WELCOME TO THE NEW NIGERIA. WELCOME TO ‘CHANGE’
To prove his point, he chronicled the occupants of key positions in the country, including all the appointments Buhari had made so far, showing a total neglect of the Southern part of the country.
1. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – north.
2. Senate President – north.
3. Speaker of the House of Representatives – north.
4. Chief Justice of the Federation – north.
5. President of the Court of Appeal – north.
6. Chief Justice of the Federal High Court – north.
7. Secretary to the Federal Government – north.
8. Chief of Staff to the President – north.
9. Chief of Army Staff – north.
10. Chief of Air Staff – north.
11. Comptroller General of Customs – north.
12. Director-General of State Security Services (SSS) – north.
13. National Security Advisor – north.
14. Director General NIMASA – north.
15. Chairperson of the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) – north.
16. Comptroller-General Immigration – north.
17. Accountant-General of the Federation – north.
18. Commander of Civil Defence Corps – north.
19. Chief Security Officer to the President – north.
20. ADC to the President – north.
21. Principal Secretary to the President – north.
22. Senior Special Assistant to the President on media – north.
23. Chairman of the EFCC – north.
24. Head of Service – north.
25. MD of Nigerian Ports Authority – north.
26. DG of Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) – north.
27. Chairman NDLEA – north.