Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has reacted to claims by the expelled former State Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Tope Aluko, which stated that former president Goodluck Jonathan gave him (Fayose) the sum of $37m cash to prosecute the June 21, 2014, governorship election in the state.
The governor, who spoke through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, described Aluko’s allegation as a new distraction from the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Ekiti State.
According to the statement, Aluko was only seeking revenge against him because of his refusal to make him his Chief of Staff, such that he (Aluko) was not mindful of committing the criminal offence of perjury.
He said, “For Aluko to be taken seriously, he must first have to report himself to the police to be tried for perjury and committed to prison for three years, since what he is now saying is different from what he said under oath at the Election Tribunal being the only witness called by the PDP and Governor Fayose.
“If after giving evidence under oath at the tribunal that the Election was free, fair and credible and that security agents, including soldiers performed their duties creditably well, saying something else more than one year after is an admittance by Aluko himself that he is not a stable character.
“It is also a demonstration of the fact that giving the right offer tomorrow, the same Aluko can also address the press tomorrow to deny all what he said today. He can even deny his own existence since he can deny what he said under oath just because he was not made Chief of Staff.
“Therefore, we won’t bother ourselves, responding to what a political parasite chooses to say because he wouldn’t have said what he is now saying today if he had been made Chief of Staff to Governor Fayose and it is sure that if he called today, and given the right offer, he will begin to sing another song.”