The Presidency has finally announced that 200,000 jobless graduates will resume work on December 1st.
This is in fulfilment of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, 2015 election campaign promises of providing no fewer than 500,000 jobs for the teeming youth in the country.
The fulfilment of the promise comes precisely one year and 7 months after coming on board.
A statement by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, on Sunday, said while the 200,000 graduates were selected about two weeks ago, their names had been sent to state governments and the Federal Capital Territory who would deploy them to their specific area of need.
He said while beneficiaries’ names would be published this week on the N-Power portal, they would start receiving messages informing them of their posting from Monday (today).
He said, “Between now and the end of the month, the states and the FCT would be engaged in deploying the graduates who would formally start working and earning their stipends on December 1, 2016.
“Of the 200,000 first batch, 150,000 of them would teach, 30,000 would work in the agriculture sector and 20,000 in healthcare delivery, covering the three specific programme assignments.”