Exclusive Stories and Top News In Nigeria And Around The World



Fuel Scarcity: FG Allocates 80% Of Product To The North, Remaining 20% To The South-West

0 43

Expectations that the lingering fuel crisis in the country may turn out to be a mirage after all as only 6.5 million liters out of the anticipated 16 million litres was delivered over the weekend.

According to our investigation, 80 percent of the consignment (21,000 metric tones) which represents 5.28 million litres has been allocated to the north while Lagos, Ogun and some other South West states will share the remaining 20 percent or 1.32 million litres.

In practical terms 6.5 million litres translate to 200 tankers, with each tanker containing 33,000. With this calculation, the North gets 160 tankers while the South West will have 40 tankers.

A news agency (not TheWhistlerNG), had exclusively reported the arrival of the vessel christened Sea Frontier which brought in the 6.5 million litres of petrol.

Loading activities at the Apapa and Ibafon depots as at yesterday was not encouraging as long queues of tankers dotted the stretch of Apapa Oshodi Expressway from Ijesha to Mile 2. At press time, scores of tankers were also waiting at other loading bay including that of the Cooperative Society of the Kaduna Petrochemical Refining Company (KPRC) to be loaded.

RELATED:  Kachikwu Heads Committee Seeking Long-Term Solution To Fuel Scarcity

Investigations by Daily Sun revealed that a vessel arrived at Capital Oil yesterday while loading activities was ongoing at Folawiyo as at 4.20pm with Techno oil loading in trickles.

Meanwhile, commuters across the country have been telling tales of woes as they experience challenges moving to their respective offices and business locations.


You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.