Popular Nigerian actor and model, Joseph Benjamin, has expressed his dissatisfaction with President Muhammadu Buhari’s trip to China.
According to Benjamin who doubles as a TV presenter, the president’s decision to travel to the China does not make sense.
Recall that the president on Sunday traveled to the Peoples Republic of China to begin a one-week working visit in the East Asian country.
According to the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the essence of the visit is to secure greater support from the economic giant for the development of the nation’s infrastructure, especially in the areas of power, roads, railway, aviation, solid minerals and water.
However, Benjamin slammed the president, citing five reasons why the trip was unnecessary.
He said: “Why go to China to negotiate terms and conditions to borrow $2billion when;
1) We are expecting $200billion from looted money stashed away in Dubai.
2) America is helping us repatriate $6billion kept by former PDP Governor’s and ministers in the USA
3) Loads of thieves under Jonathan have returned millions of dollars
4) Trillions of Naira raked in by the Nigeria custom service
5) Millions of Dollars saved by the TSA and leakages have been blocked.
“Even if you are very dumb, you should at least be able to ask some simple questions. Why borrow with an interest when you already have a lot? Except if the ‘fight against corruption” is just a scam.”