Valentine’s Day is almost here! Have you thought about how you would like to surprise your special someone?
Single, taken, no matter your status, everyone deserves a little love on Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for the perfect treat to impress your sweetie, or a way to drown your singleness, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day, like New Year’s Eve, has a lot of pressure. Why does love have to be channelled into just one special day? Showing love to the people you care about should be a daily occurrence.
But on the other hand, no one wants to feel left out. So when Valentine’s Day rolls around we always resort to a sweet treat that is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
We think something homemade is always more thoughtful than any store-bought gift, and what’s better than a red velvet cake that symbolizes your feelings for your loved one?
Here are steps to prepare a romantic red velvet cake for your Valentine;
1 cup of butter
1 ½ cup of sugar
¼ cup of red food colouring
2 tablespoons coca
2 ½ cup 0f flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of milk
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. grease desired cake pan with butter and flour
3. cream butter and sugar till its fluffy
4. add the vanilla flavour
5. Add the red food colour to the mixture till your desired colour thickness is achieved.
6. Sift together salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and flour.
7. Whisk the egg. ( but u can use only egg white to make the cake lighter)
8. add the egg and flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture in bits till its
9. Dilute the milk with water and add vinegar to it, allow resting for 10 minutes then pour into the batter.
10. mix till it smoothens out
11. Bake until done.
12. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
13. For the icing; Cook 5 tablespoons flour and milk over low heat till thick, stirring constantly. Let cool completely, mix together butter and icing sugar till its fluffy
14. Add vanilla extract or your desired flavour, and add the flour mixture till smooth.
15. Garnish the cake with the creamy icing topping.
16. Ready to eat.
Have a pleasant Valentine.