The Whistler NG relies on a team of full-time and part-time writers to satisfy our day-to-day editorial needs. To that end, we aren’t currently seeking paid contributors. However, we are always happy to have individuals who are interested to contribute their knowledge (and even do so on a regular basis). If you have something insightful you would like to share with our readers, you’re welcome to submit your piece to our editorial team.
WHAT YOU GET
- Your work will be published on our website and distributed across social media audience network
- Your very own author page on thewhistler.ng
- A link to your website, Twitter, and Facebook
- Distribution on our daily email list
- Have your content read by people around the world
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for passionate people who want to start conversations writing newsworthy materials on niche category of their knowledge, passion or expertise.
Typically, our contributor articles are between 600 and 2000 words. They can be focused on a specific category, subject matter, or they can be more opinion based pieces.
If you are interested in becoming a contributor, send the final draft of your piece, a proposed headline, subtitle, brief bio, and links to any other pieces you’ve published to contribute[at]thewhistler[dot]ng.
Our editorial team will review your submission and get back to you if it’s something we’re interested in posting.
Accepted articles will likely require revisions by one of our editors, which you will be made aware of prior to publishing. Contributors will have the opportunity to view the full piece as it will look on the site (complete with graphics) before it is published.
You will receive an email alert when your piece runs.
- Use sources wisely. Rely on primary sources as much as possible. If you interview someone, please say so in the piece. If you quote someone or cite a statistic, be sure to link out to your source.
- Proof your article. Sloppy work won’t be accepted by our editors. If your piece is riddled with typos and/or factual errors, it will not be accepted.
- Be original. Make sure the article you submit is original work. Work you didn’t write is not acceptable, nor is something you published previously with just a few new tweaks added.