Former FIFA vice-president, Jack Warner has been banned for life by the world football governing body.
The former FIFA vice-president quit football four years ago amid a string of corruption allegations and is facing fraud charges as part of a United States investigation.
This was contained in a statement by FIFA’s Ethics Committee to Warner, who served as president of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) between 1990 and 2011.
The statement reads; “Warner committed many and various acts of misconduct continuously and repeatedly.
“In his positions as a football official, he was a key player in schemes involving the offer, acceptance, and receipt of undisclosed and illegal payments, as well as other money-making schemes.”
It said the ban was effective from September 25, the date on which the decision was made.
Warner was arrested in May in his native Trinidad and Tobago after the U.S. attorney Loretta Lynch accused him and a bunch of other FIFA officials of running a corrupt administration.
He quit FIFA in 2011 after he was suspended pending a bribery inquiry. After his resignation, FIFA said the investigation had been closed.
Meanwhile, a separate probe by Swiss authorities is investigating potential corruption into the bidding process for both the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which will be hosted by Russia and Qatar.