President Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, visited the National Hospital, Abuja, to see victims of Friday’s bomb blast which occurred in the Kuje and Nyanya areas of the federal capital territory.
The President who was said to have spent a few minutes with the hospital management, also promised to investigate the attack.
A statement signed by Mr Femi Adesina, the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, said Buhari was at the Trauma Centre, National Hospital, Abuja and wished the injured victims speedy recovery.
The statement said the president reassured the survivors that the Federal Government would take full responsibility for settling their medical bills.
He directed his Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari, to settle the medical bill of a young girl in the paediatric ward of the hospital amounting to N268, 790.
The statement said the girl’s mother, Deborah Stephen, broke into tears on seeing the president.
She narrated her ordeal to the president, saying her daughter was shot by armed robbers who raided their home and that the family could not afford the medical bills.
Buhari, who was accompanied by his personal aides and Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State, visited the intensive care unit, the paediatric ward and general wards of the hospital.
Dr Jafaru Momoh, the Chief Medical Director, who conducted the president round the National Hospital, expressed appreciation for the visit, noting that it would help in the recovery of the patients by giving them a psychological sense of being valued and loved by their country.
You will recall that last week Friday, October 2, there was a multiple bomb attack, which went off in Kuje and Nyanya, in Abuja.
The incident claimed over 20 lives, and about 24 people were admitted in the hospital immediately.
Following Latest reports, 13 of the 24 people admitted in the hospital were said to have been discharged on Sunday afternoon.