Have you heard of moringa? Moringa is an incredible nutrient-dense superfood! It has seven times the amount of vitamin C in oranges, four times as much calcium and double the amount of protein in milk, four times the vitamin A in carrots, and three times the potassium in bananas!
Over the years, it has been used to treat a wide range of diseases such as diabetes, obesity etc.
The leaves are eaten raw in salads, blended into drinks, or steamed
Here are 10 amazing reasons why moringa is good for your health:
- It contains glucose-modifying, anti-diabetic properties that can fight Type 2 diabetes. Tests have shown moringa leaves effectively lower blood sugar levels.
- The leaves have a high iron content and help prevent anemia, this also makes it a wonderful nutrient supplement for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers.
- The leaves help protect your liver and promote cleansing of the body.
- Early studies have shown moringa to have anti-cancer properties. It contains a compound known as niaziminin that is both anti-tumor and anti-cancer
- It is nutrient packed, full of protein, essential amino acids, antioxidants, and more.
- Moringa has a strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, so it helps fight skin infections or scurvy, as well as providing healing and relief for wounds or insect bites. It helps stop bleeding as well.
- Moringa has properties that could help in the fight against obesity and the complications that come with being overweight. These include lowering cholesterol, and eliminating water weight.
- The leaf powder has been used to treat depression symptoms. It is most effective when used regularly and results can be felt after just a few days of use.
- The antioxidants and vitamins in moringa can fight the effects of aging, these include unwanted lines and wrinkles.
- The vitamin A, silica and zinc in moringa helps to stimulate hair growth. It leaves you with thick, healthy hair.