Do you struggle to get to sleep no matter how tired you are? Or do you wake up in the middle of the night and lie awake for hours, anxiously waiting for daybreak? In this new age, it seems most people cannot get enough sleep due to one reason or the other.
A Simple change to your lifestyle and daily habits can put a stop to insomnia—without the need for medication.
Research reveals that light from a smart phone screws up the quality of sleep you get because it’s a usual routine to check our phone before bed.
However, here are six healthy ways to get into sound sleep mode and you will be happy you did.
1. Read: Reading is a hobby that allows you to get lost, and it helps you be a better person. According to research, reading a great novel can help reduce stress and improve sleep.
2. Call a loved one: Although it still involves a phone, it doesn’t involve meaningless scrolling, so we’ll let it slide. Research shows talking with a loved one helps relieve stress, and low stress is important in getting a sound sleep.
3. Step in the shower: A hot bath or shower brings up your body temperature and then slowly cools when you get out, giving you the ideal sleep zone.
4. Calm: Studies reveals meditation helps people calm down and get better sleep. Also, it has great health benefits. Even just a few minutes will help you relax and you will sleep better.
5. Get regular exercise: Regular exercise cannot be over emphasized, aim for 30 minutes of exercise or more physical activities but not too close to bedtime, it will help you sleep better.
6. Limit caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine: Stop drinking caffeinated beverages at least eight hours before bed. While alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it interferes with the quality of your sleep, and nicotine is a stimulant.
Try out these simple healthy tips before bed and get some much better sleep.