Exclusive Stories and Top News In Nigeria And Around The World

Boko Haram: We Will Not Be Distracted, We Will Expose Sponsors – Army

0 27

The Nigerian Army has said that those who participate, hide, fuel or connive with members of the Boko Haram sect, to launch deadly attacks in the country will be exposed very soon.

This was disclosed by the Theatre Commander, Operation “Lafiya Dole,” Major General Yushau Abubakar on Sunday, while speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Maiduguri.

Abubakar, said the military had already gotten clues about those involved in the recent suicide bombings in Maiduguri.

He said, “Investigation on those that we suspect that are either participating or hiding, fueling or conniving with those that carried out those acts, is ongoing. They will be exposed in due course.

“We searched the houses and certain items that we recovered at the vicinity gave us some clues.”

RELATED:  Nnamdi Kanu Not In Army Custody, Buratai Tells Court

He however said that it would some take time before reaching a conclusion on the sponsors.

Abubakar said that no amount of distractions would deter the military from ending terrorism in Nigeria by December, adding that the bombings were aimed at diverting the attention of the military from achieving its target in the ongoing anti-terrorism war.

“I want to assure all that for every second that passes, we get more committed to fighting the insurgents; we cannot be deterred.

“We are doing as much as we could to ensure that we completely eradicate the insurgents as quickly as possible because we are aware of the timeline within which to complete the task.”

RELATED:  Gender Group Kicks Against De-commissioning of Women In Military

Abubakar said the military is currently working on a strategy that would enable individuals pass vital information to security agents without being noticed.

You might also like
Comments
Loading...