Reno Omokri, former Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, has slammed governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State for failing to arrest leaders of Arewa youth group who threatened Igbos living in northern Nigeria.
Recall that early last month a coalition of Northern groups, including the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, gave all Igbos resident in the 19 states of the North a three-month ultimatum to quit or be forced out after the expiration of the October 1, 2017 deadline.
The group also promised to execute measures to carry out their declaration.
Following the ultimatum, Mr El-Rufai condemned the act and vowed to arrest all those involved in the declaration, but has since failed to do so, two months after.
Omokri, who was reacting to an order of investigation into the attack on some Senators and journalist in the state on Sunday, said, “By the way, I remind Nasir El-Rufai, who is extraordinarily superfast to arrest his critics, that he has not fulfilled his vow to arrest the quit notice Arewa youths!
“Funny enough they keep appearing at TV stations and radio stations and move about publicly and freely in Kaduna. It is very strange that El-Rufai cannot find them.
Ever since after the quit notice declaration, leaders of Arewa youth groups have made public proclamations, granted interviews and held consultative meetings in and outside Kaduna State.
Meanwhile, President of the Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettima said last week that the group will review its position on the October 1 quit notice ultimatum given to Igbos.
In an interview with Channels Television in Kaduna, Shettima said the resolve followed a meeting with some notable Igbo leaders from the south-east.