It’s quite easy to fall in love, have a world class engagement party and a lavish wedding but staying in that relationship seems to be a very big struggle.
Everything seems exciting at the initial stage of a relationship but as time goes on, interest from both sides start diminishing because of some little avoidable mistakes.
Have you ever asked why marriages crash lately? Why divorce is the order of the day? No, because everyone is too busy with their lives and careers to think over it. They are so engrossed in the sudden changes of their life that they hardly pay any attention to the cause of all that happens to them.
There are a number of things that can bring undesirable changes to your marriages, below is a list of such things and how they can be avoided.
1. Getting defensive instead of saying, “I’m sorry.” When you hurt one another, the sooner you sincerely say, “I’m sorry,” or “I was wrong,” the sooner your mate can stop feel aggrieved.
2. Always saying, “I’m sorry,” yet never changing. An apology buys you another chance. However, if you keep making the same mistake, apologies not only seem empty, but annoying as well.
3. Being repeatedly late. Frequently keeping your partner waiting is not only inconsiderate, it’s arrogant and rude. Endeavor to be there early, and everyone will be happy.
4. Playing the victim. This behavior not only accuses your spouse of hurting you, but also implies that he or she did it intentionally, when that may not be the case. Not everyone has the same capacity of receiving accusations, so it is safe to jump on conclusions and accuse your mate of having bad intentions, even if they have repeated similar mistakes in the past.
5. Jumping to conclusions. Presuming that you know what your partner feels and why without first getting all the facts, will only push him or her away.
6. Assuming a rough patch is the end of the world: Relationships go in cycles. There are ups and downs, just like in the economy. They’re not only inevitable, but they’re actually healthy. They force you to see where you’ve let things slide, taken each other for granted, or just lost sight of what’s important. Embrace the rough patches and think up solutions to some of the issues that keeps dividing you two.
In life and love, you may think you’re supposed to always focus on the positive instead of the negative, however, unless you become aware of your own hurtful attitudes or actions so that you can correct them your chances of staying in love ’til death do you part are close to zero.