Super TV CEO’s Murder: No More Comment On Chidinma — Lagos Police

The Lagos State Police Command says it would no longer speak to journalists on Chidinma Ojukwu, the prime suspect in the murder of Super TV CEO, Michael Ataga.

Muyiwa Adejobi, the command’s spokesperson, told THE WHISTLER on Monday that a “collective decision” had been taken against granting media interviews on the suspect’s case.

Our correspondent had sought comment of the police on a viral video interview in which Chidinma, who had previously confessed that she killed Ataga, made a u-turn on her earlier confession.

“We don’t talk about Chidinma’s matter for now and the command is not reacting to whatever it is. We don’t talk about it again,” said Adejobi.

When she was paraded by the command in June, 21-year-old Ojukwu had confessed that she killed Ataga by stabbing him multiple times at a short-let apartment they rented in Lagos.

Asked to comment on the trending video, Adejobi said: “I’m not aware of any video let alone confirming it. If you send it, it is immaterial to me. It doesn’t change our decision, the command’s decision is that we are not reacting on the matter for now, when we are still investigating.

“When we decide to speak on it, we are going to speak on it. If you send me ten thousand copies of that video it is not going to change the decision of the command.

“The reason was collectively taken by the command and it is for her our own good”.

Meanwhile, in the interview, Chidinma alienated herself from Ataga’s death and insinuated that he was killed by unknown persons.

She said, “…I checked out the apartment and it was okay, and we made payment. He sent N105,000 that was like for 4 days, and after I had paid the money after like one hour he came. When he came, then we went to get food and also get drinks and we were just indoor watching movies, drinking and smoking. 

“He woke up before me and I was still feeling sleepy and dizzy because of the small drink and the drugs. So, he asked what and what that we need and I was like we needed to buy food and drugs because the drugs that we bought already finished.

“He sent the money to the account while the other one…he gave me the card because he was trying to make payment and it didn’t go through. I didn’t have access to the card but I know his pin. Before I was leaving, he stood up to lock the door.

“But when I got in, I was knocking as there was no answer I opened. That was where it opened and it wasn’t locked. The duvet was on the floor plus clothes. The couch was facing the door, and the door was stained with blood already.

“…the music was on; the TV was on. The room was very disarranged like someone broke in. Then I saw him on the floor, I didn’t know what to do, I took my things with his things and left.

“”I was afraid. I didn’t know if I had raised alarm, they would have arrested me for doing it, and I and him were just the only people in the room. I was packing my things to leave then I noticed that my clothe was stained so I changed it to another.

“I took the bag that contained his ID, documents and bank statement. My bag was not really on the floor, [but] I met my bag on the floor.

“Then the stuff he was with was on the TV set, so I just packed them and put them into the nylon and left. The following week I was home then I went out to withdraw some money from the ATM that I was with. I withdrew N200,000.

“Before that day, on Tuesday, he already told me he was going to give me the money that I requested for and when I came out, when I was arrested and they said I made away with N5m…there was no N5m in the account. I just did it, it is not like I had something to do with his death. I never had anything to do with his death,” said the suspect.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.