There was a fire outbreak at the residential apartment of senate president, Bukola Saraki, on Friday morning.
The fire occurred at the Abuja residence of Saraki in the Maitama area of Abuja.
Sources revealed that the fire outbreak could have been a major disaster but for the quick detection and prompt response of the fire fighters who contained the incident.
The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained as at the time of filing this report, however it was gathered that the fire started from the top floor of the two story building.
The incident was confirmed by Saraki on his Twitter handle. He said he was already in the office when the fire outbreak occurred.
Saraki said the fire was quickly contained.
He tweeted: “Thanks for your concern.
“Happened while I was in the office.
“It was immediately contained.”